- Combine rice flour and green bean flour together. Pour in fresh coconut juice slowly to form a batter.
- Add in sugar and toddy to mix. Set aside covered with a piece of clean muslin cloth in a mixing bowl for 6 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Just before steaming, stir in thick coconut milk and ENO fruit salt. Mix well then pour into a round aluminium tray.
- Add different colouring at random and allow the colours to swirl around to blend.
- Steam over high heat for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting the Huat Kuih into diamond-shaped pieces.
You may also like