Ingredients is not available.
- Boil the water and add the sago pearls. Boil for 10 minutes, stirring continuously to separate the sago and prevent them from settling at the bottom of the pot.
- Turn off fire and cover pot. Set aside for 10 minutes. Drain sago, rinse in running water and set aside.
- Bring the palm sugar and water to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add the durian flesh and stir with a wire whisk until sauce is smooth the durian fibres will get caught in the whisk and you can remove them easily.
- Add banana, coconut milk and salt. Stir over a medium flame until the mixture comes to a boil. Add cooked sago pearls, stir and remove from heat. Serve warm.
- For more food and wine stories and recipes, pick up the latest issue of Flavours (July - August 2004), Malaysia's premier food magazine, available at major bookstores and newsstands or email email@example.com for subscription details.