- In a large stockpot, add broth, onions, ginger, cinnamon, star anise, peppercorns and garlic. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Arrange garnish ingredients into separate plates and bowls at the table.
- Soak rice noodles in hot water (do not boil) for 15 minutes or until softened then drain (do not rinse with cold water.)
- Place equal amounts of noodles in soup bowls and cover with raw beef slices.
- Ladle hot broth over noodles and beef (the beef slices should cook or brown in the hot broth.)
- Add garnish ingredients to your preference.
You may also like