Pickled Lotus Root can be your next appetizer idea. The sweet and sour with a hint of spicy stimulate your appetite and make you extra hungry for your meal!
- 350g lotus root
- 150ml white rice vinegar
- 150g castor sugar
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 5 cili padi, lightly crushed
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Mix vinegar and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil until sugar dissolves. Leave the vinegar syrup to cool completely.
- Peel the lotus root then slice thinly. Rinse the sliced pieces and drain dry in a plastic colander. Place the lotus root slices in a porcelain bowl. Add cili padi and pour in the cooled vinegar syrup. Add in lemon juice.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and leave in the refrigerator overnight. Dish out and add a sprinkling of sesame seeds before serving.