- 1 whole pineapple, diced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 50g raisins
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2cm piece cinnamon stick
- Salt to taste
- Spices (A) - ground and combined
- 10 dried chillies, seeded
- 5 fresh red chillies, seeded
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2cm ginger
- Combine ground ingredients (A), cinnamon stick, sugar, salt and vinegar in a good quality enamel saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add diced pineapple, apples and raisins to mix.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally to prevent contents from sticking to the base of the saucepan.
- Stir well and cook until mixture turns fairly thick.
- Leave the cooled chutney to cool completely before bottling.