- 300g sago, washed and soaked until transparent, then drained
- 750ml canned pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp agar-agar powder
- 225g castor sugar
- 150ml thick coconut milk
- 1/8 tsp yellow colouring
- Boil sago in a pot of water till sago turns transparent. Wash sago under running tap water until the starch looks clear. Drain.
- Combine sugar, agar-agar powder and pineapple juice in a saucepan and bring to a low boil. Add sago, coconut milk and colouring, and bring to a boil again.
- Pour sago into a wet tray and leave aside to set. Chill well before serving in neat slices or cups.