- Divide lotus paste into 14-15 equal portions and set aside.
- Combine icing sugar, essence, water and shortening. Stir well to mix.
- Stir in kao fun and blend together until a smooth dough is formed. Set aside for 5-10 minutes. Divide the pastry dough into the same number of portions as the lotus paste.
- Take a piece of dough and wrap up a ball of lotus paste with it.
- Press the wrapped-up dough into a mooncake mould.
- Knock out the moulded dough lightly to dislodge the ping pei mooncake. Chill well in the refrigerator before serving.
You may also like