- Lotus paste
- Pastry (skin):
- 225g kao fun (cooked glutinous rice flour)
- 200g sugar
- 290ml water
- 1 tbsp condensed milk
- 3 tbsp shortening
- Colouring of your choice
- Boil water and sugar together until sugar dissolves. Leave to cool, add in condensed milk and mix well.
- Sift kao fun into the cooled syrup solution. Add in shortening and mix into a smooth dough. Leave aside, covered, for 15-20 minutes.
- Divide dough into equal portions. Wrap dough around filling.
- Press into mooncake mould, knock out and chill in the refrigerator.