This recipe is best with
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 15 plain cream crackers
- 200g canned tuna, drained and flaked, or choice of ham or pepperoni
- 2 tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 2 big onions, cut into rings
- 1 green capsicum, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 100g mozzarella cheese (or your favourite cheese), grated or shredded
- In a small bowl, mix the tomato paste, black pepper, oregano and sugar thoroughly. Spread the tomato paste mixture on cream crackers.
- Top with tuna or pepperoni slices, tomato slices, onion rings and capsicum strips.
- Pre-heat oven at 200ºC. Sprinkle cheese over the assembled crackers. Grill immediately in oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve at once.
- The dish is best served immediately. You can save time by having extra bowls of ingredients ready in the fridge; when guests drop in, quickly assemble the mini 'pizzas' & grill. You may also add other toppings such as sliced button mushrooms, pineapple, etc.