- Grease a baking dish. Preheat oven to 180 deg. C.
- Cut plums in quarters and remove the seeds. Place the plums in a saucepan with the water and sugar and cook over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- If using canned plums, do not add extra water or sugar. Just stew the canned plums in its own liquid until just soft.
- Spread the plums in the dish.
- To make the cobbler:
- Sift the two types of flour in a bowl, add sugar. Cut the butter into small pieces and rub it into the mixture.
- Beat the egg and milk together and add to the mixture.
- When mixture is well combined spoon mixture over the stewed plums.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 40 minutes until golden.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve warm with cream or ice cream.
You may also like