This dish is served with Spicy Honey.
- Popcorn Shrimp
- 2 pounds or 1 kg of rock shrimp
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup of 125ml of flour
- 2 cups of 500ml of cornstarch (Maizena)
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for deep-frying
- Spicy Honey
- 1 cup or 250ml of honey
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 1 tsp or 15ml of peppercorn
- 1 tsp or 15ml of chilli flakes
- 1 tsp or 15ml of smoked paprika
- Sea salt
- Lemon wedges
- [Spicy Honey]: Heat a saucepan on medium heat. Stir in all ingredients.
- Bring ingredients to a boil and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Let it cool and strain mixture.
- Transfer to a squeezable bottle and keep aside.
- [Popcorn Shrimp]: Preheat fryer to 360 degrees Celcius (680°F).
- In a bowl, mix together flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Coat the shrimp with the egg mixture, and then with the cornstarch mixture.
- Deep-fry the shrimps. Thereafter, season with salt and pepper.
- [Serving]: After frying the shrimps, drizzle with spicy honey.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve immediately.