- Heat the cooking oil in a wok/pan, pan fry the garlic until golden. Add the chicken meat, prawns and mushroom. Stir well before adding the yambean and carrot.
- Stir in seasonings and remove once vegetables are just tender. Dish out filling and drain in a colander, leave to cool.
- Lay a piece of spring roll wrapper on a flat board. Place a tablespoon or two of the filling on the wrapper.
- Fold in the two sides and roll up the popiah. Seal the edge with the flour mixture.
- Heat sufficient cooking oil in a pot/ deep fryer. When oil is hot, slip in popiah rolls and deep fry until golden brown.
- Drain well on paper towels & serve with the chilly sauce.
- To prepare chilly sauce
- Using an electric blender, finely blend the chilly sauce ingredients. Season to taste with salt, sugar and vinegar.
You may also like