This recipe by Joyce Siow is one of four recipes published on Star2.com. Read more at https://www.star2.com/food/2018/02/07/chinese-food-made-tender-loving-care/
- 1.5kg to 2kg pork knuckle (ask your butcher to chop into medium-sized pieces)
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, shells removed
- For boiling together
- 600ml black vinegar
- 200ml sweetened vinegar
- 200g Bentong ginger, cut into thick slices and lightly smashed
- 4 to 5 rock sugar cubes
- 1 piece gula Melaka
- 500-700ml water
- Blanch the pork knuckles in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain the water and set the knuckles aside.
- In a small pot, boil eggs until hard-boiled. Remove shells and set aside.
- In a large pot, boil the rest of the ingredients together for 20 minutes until fragrant. Put the knuckles and half boiled eggs into the mixtures and boil the pork knuckles for about 35 to 40 minutes (it varies depending on the size of the knuckles), until it is cooked and soft.