A simple yet untraditional sweet and sour flavour profile that promise to stimulate your taste bud. Extra rice to go for. A 100% authentic recipe for a delicious home dining experience. This is my My foolproof recipe!
- 500g Spareribs
- 1.5 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Mei Gui Lu Rose Wine
- Corn Starch
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 50g Ginger (sliced)
- 30g Garlic (minced)
- 30g Red Chilli (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Bean Paste
- 1.5 tablespoon Plum Sauce
- 100g Fresh Pineapple (cubed)
- 100ml Water
- 1/2 tablespoon of Brown Sugar
- Maggi Cukup Rasa to taste
- 2 tablespoons Starch water
- 1 sprig of Sping Onion (decoration)
- Red Chilli (Decoration)
- Blanch spareribs for 5 minutes and discard water. Marinade with light soy sauce, Mei Gui Lu rose wine, salt & pepper and corn starch for at least 30 minutes.
- Fry marinated spareribs till golden brown and set aside.
- Using the same wok, fry ginger and garlic minced till fragrant, Add in chilli minced.
- Return the spareribs into the wok, add bean paste and plum sauce.
- Add water and simmer ribs for 20 minutes.
- Add in pineapple an d seasoning (brown sugar and Maggi Cukup Rasa) and simmber for another 10 minutes untill the ribs are soft and tender,
- Splash in starch water and dish out after the sauce thicken.
- Sprinkle with spring onion and cut chilli and serve.