- 500g pork ribs, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 2½ tbsp fermented black beans, crushed
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- Some chopped spring onion
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ tbsp sugar
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1½ tsp chicken stock granules
- 1 tbsp garlic oil
- 1 preserved salted plum (sueen mui), crushed
- 1½ tbsp sweet potato flour or cornflour
- Season pork ribs with combined marinade and set aside in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Divide the pork ribs among small saucers and top with a little fermented black beans and chilli. Steam over rapidly boiling water for about 8-9 minutes. Serve immediately with a sprinkling of chopped spring onion.