- You will also need wooden satay sticks, soaked in water for several hours before preparation.
- Season pork cubes with marinade for several hours or preferably overnight in the refrigerator. Thread marinated pork pieces on to soaked satay sticks, then grill on barbecue pits or in the oven.
- Baste the meat with a little oil every now and then and grill until it is cooked.
- To make the sauce, combine the chilli, belacan and coriander powder into a thick paste. To cook, heat oil in a wok and fry the combined chilli paste for one to two minutes until fragrant.
- Add tamarind juice and coconut milk and simmer until oil separates. Add pandan leaves and stir in ground peanuts. Season to taste, then dish out to cool before serving with satay.
You may also like