My personal favorite pasta dish. Easy, healthy and it doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket!
- 1 pack Fettuccine pasta (500 gm)
- Vegetable Oil
- Salt to taste
- 300 gm peeled Prawns (Medium) - Save the shells
- 1 Red Capsicum - diced
- 1 Yellow Capsicum - diced
- 1 Green Capsicum - diced
- Freshly grounded Black Pepper
- Chilly Flakes
- 3-4 pinch Dried Oregano
- 2 pinch Dried Basil
- Some Parsley - chopped (You can choose either Chinese Parsley or Italian Parsley)
- 1 can Button Mushrooms (500 gm) - sliced
- Some Pasta Water (Excess water from boiled pasta)
- 6-7 clove(s) Garlic - diced
- 1 big Red Onion - diced
- ** Sausages - sliced (optional)
- Boil water in pot and add in some salt. Once the water boils, add in pasta and some oil so that the pasta won't stick together. *Follow the cooking time as per pasta packet. Cook pasta until soft or al-dente and sift. Save some excess pasta water for later.
- In a big pan, add some oil under low heat. Add the prawn shells and stir until the shells change color then take out the shells once done.
- Add in chopped garlic in oil next add in the chopped red onions. Stir until fragrant.
- Add peeled prawns, capsicums, mushrooms and **sausages. Stir and leave it for a couple of minutes. Next, add in ground black pepper and salt. Stir the mix for a couple of minutes.
- Next, add in the pasta. Add in the dried herbs (Oregano, Basil), fresh chopped parsley, chilly flakes and ground black pepper. Stir and add salt to taste.
- Add in some pasta water (1/2 ladles). Pasta water ensures that the pasta wont stick to each other, softer and adds extra flavor. Stir for few minutes
- You may serve.