- 750g young ginger
- 2 1/2 tbsp salt
- 375ml vinegar
- 125g castor sugar
- Peel and finely slice the ginger. Wash and drain well.
- Put the ginger slices in a porcelain container. Mix in salt and stir well. Cover, set aside for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Rinse the ginger slices then drain well. Spread out ginger pieces on a big flat tray.
- Add sugar to vinegar and mix till sugar is completely dissolved.
- Put ginger slices in a clean jar. Pour in the syrupy vinegar. Soak ginger for 2 to 3 days before serving.