- 3 pieces chicken whole legs
- 20g Chinese ham (Jinhua ham)
- 4 pieces dried conch (lor peen), soaked for 2-3 days until well plumped up
- 50g dried fish maw
- 2 dried scallops
- 6 pieces water chestnuts, peeled and sliced
- 12 shelled gingko nuts
- 1 tsp white peppercorns
- 6 cups boiling water
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Soak dried fish maw in water until well expanded.
- Scald chicken and Jinhua ham in boiling water then rinse and put aside.
- Put all ingredients into a double-boiler. Pour in water and cover. Double-boil for two hours. Adjust with salt to taste.
- Transfer soup into individual soup bowls and serve hot.