Ingredients is not available.
- Peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds and cut into cubes.
- Steam for 8-10 minutes until soft. Mash pumpkin through a sieve into a fine and smooth paste.
- Put sifted flour, sugar, salt and almonds into a mixing bowl. Rub in butter lightly using your fingers tips until mixture is crumbly. Add pumpkin paste and mix with a spatula, cutting through into the mixture until a sticky dough is formed.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured tabletop. Combine the dough quickly and lightly together until smooth. Roll out to a thickness of not less than 2cm and cut into rounds with a fluted or plain scone cutter. Gather up the excess dough and lightly press out, then cut out rounds again.
- Place scones on greased baking trays. Combine the milk and beaten egg and brush the top of the scones.
- Bake in preheated oven at 220°C for 15 minutes or until well risen and golden. Split the scones and serve warm with butter or jam of your choice.