Oriental-style salads such as the Rainbow Salad are refreshing as starters or sides.
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2tbsp plum sauce
- Dash of pepper
- 1/4tsp salt
- 40g Japanese cucumber, shredded
- 30g purple cabbage, shredded
- 30g cabbage, shredded
- 30g carrot, shredded
- 20g beetroot, shredded
- 30g red capsicum, shredded
- 30g yellow capsicum, shredded
- Topping (combined)
- 1tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1tbsp peanuts, toasted , coarsely crushed
- 1tbsp candied mandarin (keat paeng), finely diced
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Stir to mix well.
- Arrange all the shredded salad ingredients on a serving plate.
- Drizzle over with the dressing and sprinkle with the topping mix.
- Just before serving, toss the salad well.