Ingredients is not available.
- Grease two loaf pans measuring approximately 18cm x 10cm x 9cm.
- Sift flour into the bowl of a food processor fitted with a dough blade or beater. Add the yeast and put on pulse for 1030 seconds. Mix in sugar, salt, milk powder, bread improver, egg and pour in 100ml water. Mix on a slow speed for 12 minutes. Gradually add in remaining water to mix until a dough is formed. (Add more water if the dough is too dry.)
- Increase the speed to medium and continue to mix for another 12 minutes. Stir in butter and knead on a low speed for 23 minutes. Add in raisins and continue to knead for 35 minutes. Cover with a clean tea-towel and allow to rise in about 30 minutes.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth. Divide dough into two equal portions. Roll out each portion of dough to a rectangle then roll up from the short side like a Swiss roll and place into a greased loaf pan. Put the loaf pans in a large oiled plastic bag. Leave aside to rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- Use a sharp blade to cut a slit, lengthwise, across the centre. Put a piece of butter on the cut. Bake in preheated oven at 190°C for 2530 minutes until the loaf is golden brown and the base sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from oven and brush lightly with beaten egg yolk then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.