Ingredients is not available.
- BLEND the steamed and soft red dates with 400ml water into a puree and sieve out the impurities. Add the mixture to the red beans and pressure cook till the red beans are soft. Blend again then use a muslin cloth to squeeze out any excess water, leaving only the dry paste.
- Heat up the sugar and half the oil, stirring constantly. Add the red beans and dates paste and stir well. Add in the rest of the oil and stir until the paste does not stick to the wok. Dish up into a lightly oiled basin or bowl. Leave to cool.
- Divide paste into equal portions of 110g each. Add a salted egg yolk to each portion. Wrap up with pastry dough. Seal up the edges and place into a lightly dusted mooncake mould. Press slightly with the flat of your palm. Knock the mould against the table to dislodge the mooncake.
- Bake mooncake in a preheated oven at 180ºC for 10 mins. Remove mooncake from the oven and leave aside for 2 mins. Brush with egg glaze and bake again for 8 mins or until golden brown.
- To make egg glaze: Mix well before use.