Ingredients is not available.
- RINSE the red dates and soak in clean water overnight in the refrigerator. Put the dates in 200ml water and boil for five to six minutes.
- Drain and make a slit across the dates. Put glutinous rice flour and wheat starch in a mixing bowl. Pour in hot water to mix then add 100ml or just enough water to mix to a smooth dough.
- Pinch a small portion of dough and stuff into the dates. Shape well and arrange them on a heatproof dish. Steam for 13 to 15 minutes.
- Combine rock sugar, candied sugar, chrysanthemum flowers and 250ml water in a saucepan. Boil until sugars have dissolved and the tea is infused with the flavour of the flowers. Strain the syrup. Put the prepared glutinous rice ball dates into the syrup and boil for two to three minutes.
- Dish out the red dates onto a serving plate and retain the syrup. Add cornflour mixture into the syrup to thicken. Pour the thickened syrup over the dates and serve immediately.