Ingredients is not available.
- Grill the eggplant in a broiler or over an open flame for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, to char the eggplant all over. Remove from heat and peel off the skin. Holding the stem, slit the eggplant lengthwise but do not cut through so that the two halves can be opened like a book while still attached at the stem.
- Heat the oil in a pan to sauté the garlic and onion until fragrant. Add the minced meat and fresh chillies. Stir well and season to taste with salt and pepper. Turn off heat when meat is cooked.
- Heat two tablespoons oil in a flat-bottomed saucepan over a medium flame. Tilt pan to coat the surface well. Dip the eggplant into the beaten eggs and place, opened like a book, on the pan. Spoon the meat mixture on the eggplant, pressing it down slightly with a spatula. Spoon some beaten egg on the meat topping.
- Using a broad spatula, carefully flip the eggplant over to cook the side with the topping. Fry until golden brown. Serve with white rice and tomato or chilli sauce from the bottle.
- For more food and wine stories and recipes, pick up the latest issue of Flavours (Sept - Oct 2004), Malaysia's premier food magazine, available at major bookstores and newsstands or email firstname.lastname@example.org for subscription details.