- 1.2 - 1.6kg old chicken (ayam telor), one cut into 12 pieces
- 120g shallot, peeled and blended
- 50g garlic, peeled and blended
- 60g dried chilli. soaked, boiled, blended
- 20g bird's eye chilli, blended
- 20g old ginger, peeled and blended
- 30g galangal, peeled and blended
- 20g lemongrass, cut 3in, blended
- 5g fresh turmeric, peeled and blended
- 2 pcs turmeric leaf, sliced thinly
- 120g grated coconut (kerisik), fried
- 1 litre freshly squeezed coconut milk
- rock salt (garam kasar) to taste
- Marinate chicken with salt, shallot, garlic and all ground ingredients for 20 minutes.
- Boil coconut milk in a wok, add in marinated chicken and turmeric leaf. Then let it simmer for 45 minutes.
- Season with rock salt.
- Lastly, add in the kerisik and cook until the gravy thickens.
- Note (measurement spoon):
- 1 tsp (full) - 5g
- 1 tbsp (full) - 10g
- 1 tbsp - 15ml
You may also like