Click here for Amy Beh’s recipe for kimchi.
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tbsp shallot oil
- 100g kimchi, finely shredded
- 35g carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 slice smoked bacon, sliced
- 350g cooked rice, preferably day-old
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
- 1 sprig coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp sugar, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp chicken stock powder
- In a wok, heat the sesame oil. Add egg whites and scramble until set. Dish out and set aside. Add the shallot oil to the wok. Put in kimchi, carrot, and bacon. Stir-fry briefly.
- Add rice and seasoning. Toss and fry briskly until well combined; add egg white and a little more oil if rice is too dry. Sprinkle over the chopped spring onion and coriander leaves.
1 thought on “Kimchi Fried Rice”