This recipe is best with
- 1 Bombay onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Arborio rice, rinsed
- 3-4 cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves (yin sai)
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- ½ tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan and add onion and garlic. Fry until onion is soft and fragrant. Stir in rice and cook for 2-3 minutes; keep stirring until the rice grains are coated with oil and begin to brown.
- Pour in one cup of chicken stock and bring to a simmering boil until the liquid is being absorbed.
- Pour in another cup of chicken stock, keep stirring and then add another cup of stock. Cook until rice is tender and the mixture is creamy; if the risotto is cooked after three cups of stock are added, then leave out the rest.
- Add Parmesan cheese, seasoning and extra virgin olive oil. Stir in parsley and coriander. Cover the saucepan and leave to stand for 2-3 minutes before dishing out.