- Cut the fruits into small pieces, add in the nuts, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, & rum. Keep for a few hours or overnite.
- Sieve flour with baking powder, soda bicarbonate and spices together. Divide into two portions, mix one portion with the fruits and nuts.
- Whisk eggs for a short while. Then add in sugar slowly and whisk till thick. Pour into another bowl.
- Cream butter till light and creamy. Then add in eggs mixture, lemon juice and the grated rind.
- Fold in the flour and alternately with the mix fruits carefully till finish.
- Pour mixture into a 8 sq. tin which has been greased & lined.
- Bake in over at 350 deg.F for 1/2 hour and then reduce the heat to 250 deg.F for another 1/2 hour or until cooked.
You may also like