Follow this recipes for a Juicy Roast Chicken, perfect on your dining table on Ramadan Gathering.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- (A) Ground spices (combined):
- 2 tbsp chilli paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin (jintan putih)
- 1/2 tsp ground fennel (jintan manis)
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 100g shallots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk lemon grass
- 1cm piece galangale
- 1cm piece ginger
- 3-4 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar or to taste
- 1 tsp chicken stock granules
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- To make roast chicken, the first step is to open up chicken and press down with meat side on a wire rack. Rub salt, pepper and black pepper all over. Turn over and rub all over on the inside of bird with combined salt, pepper and black pepper. Leave aside.
- Heat oil and saute ground spice ingredients (A) until aromatic. Add in onions and tomatoes and fry for three to four more minutes. Dish up and leave to cool.
- Spoon sauted spices over chicken and rub all over. Leave aside in a plastic bag to marinate, preferably overnight in the refrigerator.
- Put chicken on a rack placed over a tray. Roast at 180°C for 25-30 minutes. Turn over at the final 10 minutes. Roast until chicken is cooked.
- Remove chicken from rack. Chop up the roast chicken into bite-size pieces and serve with roti jala.