- 8 dried chillies, soaked
- 2 fresh red chillies, seeded
- 2 bird´s eye chillies
- 2 cm square piece belacan, toasted
- 150g toasted groundnuts/peanuts, coarsely ground
- 50g toasted sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp shrimp paste (har koe)
- 200g sweet sauce (thim cheong)
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 10-11 tbsp castor sugar
- Put dried chillies, red chillies and bird´s eye chillies in a food processor. Blend to a fine paste.
- Combine sweet sauce with 1-2 tablespoons water. Stir well. Add blended chilli paste, shrimp paste, light soy sauce, castor sugar and a little water. Stir and cook till sugar dissolves.
- Add groundnuts/peanuts, sesame seeds and toasted belacan. Stir well to mix.