- 150g sago, rinse then soak overnight
- 75g castor sugar
- 600ml water
- 2 pandan leaves, knotted
- A few drops pink food colouring
- Some strawberries
- Adequate amount of diced ripe mango
- Make the syrup: Combine sugar, water and pandan leaves in a saucepan. Bring to a boil to dissolve sugar completely. Discard pandan leaves and add pink food colouring.
- Drain sago well and add to the syrup. Cook over medium low heat. Keep stirring until sago is transparent and the mixture is thickened.
- Spoon sago into a wet fluted mould. Leave aside to cool completely then chill in the refrigerator until set.
- Remove from the mould and serve with strawberry and mango.