This Mango and Apple Salad recipe and photo are courtesy of Goo Chui Hoong.
She is the author of the Lite Malaysian Favourites Cookbook.
- 200g green mango (peeled and shredded)
- 100g green apple (shredded)
- 50g dried shrimp (coarsely chopped)
- 50g peanuts (toasted and coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 bud torch ginger flower (finely sliced)
- 15 laksa leaves (daun kesom)
- Coriander (roughly chopped)
- 20g shallots (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 2tbsp fish sauce
- 3tbsp lime juice
- 2tbsp sugar
- 2 bird’s eye chilli (sliced thinly)
- Stir all the ingredients for the dressing together until the sugar dissolves. Leave aside.
- Dry toast the dried shrimps on a pan until they become fragrant and crispy. You can also do this on the top rack of a grill oven at 190˚C for 15 minutes. Put them aside to cool off. Put the shredded mango and apple, sliced ginger flower, laksa leaves, and coriander into a large mixing bowl. Pour the dressing and toss the salad. Top it off with the toasted dried shrimps, nuts and serve.