Salmon is a great source of protein and omega-3. Try make this simple and healthy salmon cakes recipe for your family tonight.
- 1/4cup mayonnaise
- 1/4cup dill (fresh, finely chopped)
- 1/4cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 lemon (finely grated zest)
- 1tsp salt
- 1/2tsp black pepper (freshly ground)
- 800g cooked salmon (skin, bones and grey strip of flesh discarded)
- 1 1/4cups bread crumbs (fresh)
- mild oil, such as canola (for crisping)
- Mix: In a large bowl mix mayo, dill, onion, zest, salt and pepper. Add salmon. Mix gently with a soft spatula.
- Shape: Pat into 8 cakes, each about 7.5cm across and 2.5cm thick. Roll cakes in breadcrumbs. Set cakes on a baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and chill. Chilling is optional, but makes the cakes easier to handle.
- Crisp: Heat a thin film of oil in a heavy cast iron pan set over medium heat. Cook salmon cakes in batches until crisp outside and hot inside, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. – Chicago Tribune/McClatchy-Tribune Information Services