Oriental-style salads are refreshing as starters or sides. This recipe was first published in Amy Beh’s column, Cook’s Nook.
- 50 g cabbage (finely shredded)
- 100 g green pea sprouts
- 6 slices smoked salmon
- coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- 3 shallots (thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- white pepper powder to taste
- Combine shallots, cabbage and green pea sprouts in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, lemon juice and salt. Stir to dissolve the salt and add the honey, olive oil and pepper. Mix well.
- Drizzle the dressing over the mixed vegetables in the bowl and toss to mix well.
- Transfer the salad to a serving plate – or two. Add the smoked salmon and grind some black pepper over. Serve immediately.