This recipe is best with
- 500g fresh water prawns
- ½ cup cornflour
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 salted egg yolks
- 3 tbsp dried prawns, soaked and chopped
- 2 stalks curry leaves
- 4 bird's eye chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp oil
- 60g butter
- Seasoning (combined)
- 1-1½ tbsp sugar or to taste
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp chicken stock granules
- Rinse prawns and trim the feelers; dab dry completely. Combine cornflour and pepper and toss the prawns in this mixture.
- Steam salted egg yolks for 3-4 minutes and mash while still hot. Set aside.
- Heat enough oil in a wok and deep-fry the prawns for 1 minute or until shells are crisp.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a clean wok, fry dried prawns, curry leaves, bird´s eye chillies and garlic until aromatic. Add butter; once butter melts, add salted egg yolks. Keep stirring until mixture turns foamy.
- Return prawns to the wok and add combined seasoning. Toss and fry briskly until prawns are well combined. Dish out and serve immediately.