This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- 80 g ginger (sliced)
- 60 g lemongrass(about 6 stalks), sliced
- 180 g shallots (sliced)
- 250 g steamed fish meat (Lolong or Big-eye Scad)lightly pounded
- 400 ml coconut milk (from 300g grated fresh coconut)
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Blend the spice mix ingredients to a paste.
- In a wok or saucepan, combine all the ingredients and cook, stirring once in a while, over medium to low heat, until mixture is dry.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.