- 8-9 dried chillies (soaked in water)
- 1/4cup toasted (skinless groundnuts, finely ground)
- 1stalk lemon grass (serai) (lightly bruised)
- 2cm piece galangal (lengkuas) (lightly crushed)
- 1tsp belacan granules
- 1/4cup tamarind juice
- 1cup water
- 1/4cup coconut milk
- salt to taste
- 1tbsp sugar
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Add in lemon grass, galangal, chillies and belacan granules.
- Stir in coconut milk, water and tamarind juice and mix in sugar and salt.
- Bring to a low boil.
- Add in groundnuts and allow the sauce to simmer a while.
- When oil rises to the top, dish out the sauce and serve with satay.