This recipe is best with
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Bombay onion, sliced
- 1½ tbsp canola or olive oil
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Place sliced fennel, garlic, onion and canola oil or olive oil in a baking tray. Spread out the ingredients on the tray. Cover with a piece of tin foil. Roast in a preheated oven at 200°C for about 40 minutes or until fennel, garlic and onion turn soft.
- Spread fennel seeds on a small baking tray. Roast for 5-10 minutes or until aromatic.
- Put soft fennel mixture, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, sour cream and fennel seeds into a food processor.
- Add a tablespoon of filtered water and process until mixture is smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add a little more filtered water. Add salt and pepper to taste. Scoop the prepared dip into a clean bowl and serve with crackers or sliced toasted French loaf.