Ingredients is not available.
- Wash the glutinous rice in several changes of water until water runs clear. Soak for at least six hours or overnight.
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the shallot over medium-low heat, turning occasionally to prevent burning, until crispy and golden brown. Dish out shallot crisps to drain on paper towels. Set aside to cool.
- Remove all but 4-5 tablespoons of the shallot oil in the wok. Over medium heat, stir-fry the dried prawns and mushroom slices until aromatic.
- Add in the drained glutinous rice, soy sauce and pepper. Fry for 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously. Season to taste with salt.
- Add the water and cook for about 5 minutes or until the grains are almost translucent (3/4 cooked).
- Transfer into an electric rice cooker to
- finish the cooking (no need to add any more water), or you can steam the rice. Alternatively, transfer into a microwavable dish and complete cooking in the microwave oven.
- Serve rice topped with shallot crisps, peanuts and spring onion.