- 250g fresh sea coconut (to obtain toddy palm seed)
- 4 red dates, pitted and halved
- 25g dried longan
- 1 whole Buddha´s fruit (lo han kor), lightly cracked
- 150g rock sugar
- 500ml water
- Remove the hard shells off the fresh sea coconut. Tear off the membrane and cut the toddy palm seed into thin slices.
- Put rock sugar, red dates, longan, lo han kor and water into a double boiler. Cover and double boil for 1 hour over medium-low heat.
- Add toddy palm seed slices and continue to double boil for another hour. Serve hot or cold.