- Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Pour in water and add yeast. Leave aside for about 45-55 minutes.
- Sift in remaining flour and add glutinous rice flour and wheat flour.
- Stir in sugar, colouring and oil. Mix and knead to a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 50g pieces. Roll each portion into a ball. Place the balls of dough on a small piece of banana leaf. Leave aside to rise until doubled in size.
- Steam the pieces of risen dough over high heat for 15 minutes. Remove and leave aside to cool.
You may also like