Durian season is here, do you want to enjoy a nice, creamy and unique Serawa Durian dessert? Follow Chef Zul, the Malay sous chef at Makan Kitchen, DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, to make Serawa Durian in this Durian season.
- 300g durian paste
- 70g palm sugar (gula kabung), shredded
- 10g brown sugar, optional
- 100ml water
- 300ml coconut milk
- 15g salt
- 10ml pandan flavouring
- 2 pandan leaves
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and cook with a slow medium heat.
- Allow it to simmer for 10 minutes until all the ingredients mix well and become thick.
- Serve with roti jala or cooked glutinous rice.