- Combine fish and sotong paste together in a mixing bowl. Add in salt, sugar and pepper to mix. Stir in chopped coriander and spring onions.
- Steam salted egg yolks for 10–15 minutes or until cooked through. Leave aside to cool completely.
- Press the cooked yolk flat and divide each into two portions. Put aside.
- Trim all the edges off each slice of bread and use a small rolling pin to roll out the bread flat.
- Spread some fish paste on the slice of bread.
- Place a piece of nori sheet on top of it.
- On one side of the nori sheet, add a thin rolled-out piece of salted egg.
- Roll up Swiss-roll style and seal up the edge with some fish paste.
- Spread a little fish paste on both ends and dip in sesame seeds.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep-fry the rolls in batches. Toss around with a pair of long chopsticks to get them evenly browned.
- Remove and drain the rolls on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Cut into pieces and serve immediately.
You may also like