- Put sifted flour, double action baking powder, milk powder and eggs in an electric mixer. Beat until a soft and pliable dough is formed. Leave aside to rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough and cut into thin strips. Loosen the strips and deep-fry in hot oil until
- golden brown. Remove and drain.
- Bring the syrup ingredients to a simmer until
- the syrup thickens. To test it, drop a little syrup into a bowl of cold water. If it forms a small ball, it is ready.
- Put the ready fried strips of dough into the syrup and stir well to mix, with a pair of wooden
- chopsticks. Pour the well-coated syrupy strips
- into a shallow baking tray. Press down firmly
- and leave aside to cool. Cut into squares and
- store in an airtight container.
You may also like