The ‘Better ‘Choco-late’ than never’ recipe series:
Chocolate Stuffed Pancake – fluffy and filled with some warm, melted chocolate, a sure way to start off the weekend.
Super Moist Chocolate Cake – a simple cake with chocolate ganache would be the perfect cake for a celebrative month.
Chocolate Nut Butter Spread – it’s easy to spread and very similar to Nutella with lesser fat & sugar makes it a healthier version.
- For Chocolate Stuffed Pancake:
- 1 box Dr. Oetker Nona Pancakes Buttermilk
- 30 ml Vegetable Oil
- 300 ml Water
- 1 Egg (Large)
- 200 g Dr. Oetker Nona Cooking Chocolate
- For Super Moist Chocolate Cake:
- 1 box Dr. Oetker Nona Luxury Moist Cake Chocolate
- 150 ml Oil
- 100 ml Water
- 3 Eggs (Large)
- Chocolate Ganache:
- 400 g Dr. Oetker Nona Cooking Chocolate
- 200 g Dr. Oetker Nona White Cooking Chocolate
- 400 ml Whipping Cream (room temperature)
- For Chocolate Nut Butter Spread:
- 150ml water
- 180g ground hazelnuts
- Additional Water: 100ml water
- 565g chocolate malted milk powder (eg. Milo or Ovaltine)
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Melt the cooking chocolate with a microwave oven or “double boil”. Spoon the melted cooking chocolate into a lined baking tray and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Preheat a crepe pan and set it to the lowest heat.
- Mix Dr. Oetker Nona Pancake Buttermilk with vegetable oil, water and egg. Stir well.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter into the pan and place a bar of frozen chocolate in the middle. Top with a bit less than ¼ cup of batter to cover the chocolate. When the bubbles at the edge of the batter pop and a hole are left which does not immediately close up, flip the cake gently.
- Cook the other side for 1 ½ minute or until golden. Serve hot.
- Bake: Preheat oven to 180°C. Place Dr. Oetker Nona Luxury Moist Cake Chocolate, water and eggs in a mixing bowl. Mix at high speed for 3 minutes.
- Add in vegetable oil and mix at low speed for 1 minute or until the batter is light and fluffy. Pour batter in a greased 20 cm round baking pan.
- Bake: Bake at 180°C for 55 minutes.
- Melt cooking chocolate over a saucepan. Pour in whipping cream, stir until well combined.
- Slowly pour the chocolate ganache over the top and sides of the cake.
- Melt white cooking chocolate over a saucepan.
- With a piping bag, pipe a spiral on top of the chocolate ganache and use a toothpick to draw cobwebs.
- To roast the hazelnut: preheat the oven to 175℃. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and arrange ground hazelnuts in one single layer.
- Toast until golden brown and fragrant, about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Leave it aside to cool.
- To prep the spread: Puree nuts and water in a blender until pasty.
- Transfer to a desktop mixer bowl with the beater attachment.
- Use additional water to rinse out residue in the blender.
- Add chocolate malted milk powder and vanillin to the mixer bowl.
- Pour residue liquid into mixer bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Transfer to jars and refrigerate.