Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘Cheesy Christmas’ recipe series, this Broccoli baked with Cheese and Breadcrumbs is so scrumptious and simple to make-ahead. Perfect for every occasion, whether it is a cosy weeknight meal or a Thanksgiving celebration menu.
Save this recipe to refer later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking for three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 60g cream cheese, cubed and softened in room temperature
- 40g butter, melted
- 145g medium size yellow onions, sliced
- 80g shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 slices of white bread
- 90ml cooking cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Use a food processor to blend the white bread into soft breadcrumbs, set aside.
- Blanch the broccoli florets for 1 minute, drain and set aside to let cool.
- In a pan, saute the onions with butter and cooking cream until softened. Season the onion with salt and black pepper.
- Arrange the broccoli florets onto a casserole pan, then layered the onions slices with cooking cream on top. Followed by the shredded cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes.
- Serve Hot.