In this ‘CNY snaccs you need’ series, this addictive cookie is less fattening and has the melts-in-the-mouth texture.
- 180g peanut oil/vegetable oil
- 130g all purpose flour
- 50g icing sugar
- 2 tbps of granulated sugar
- 1 tps salt
- 225g peanut
- 1 egg (egg wash)
- Combined all dry ingredients into a big bowl and mix well.
- Slowly add in the peanut oil and use your hand to mix and knead it into a dough.
- Scoop out about 1 tbsp of dough and roll them into small cookie balls. Place them on a baking sheet, leave a 1-inch gap between each cookie balls.
- Lightly beat 1 egg yolk, then brush a little bit of the egg yolk on top of each cookie.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven with 180 °C for about 20 minutes, or until they turn a nice golden brown color.