Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘Malaysian Beef Recipes’ series, this Daging Goreng Kunyit recipe is simple yet fragrant with spices. A dish combining turmeric, cumin and coriander to awaken you taste buds.
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco | Lotus’s.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 200g striploin (cut into slices)
- 2nos minced garlic
- 1tsp cumin powder
- 1tsp coriander powder
- 1tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2nos green bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1nos carrot (thinly sliced)
- 1/2nos big onion (sliced)
- pinch of salt, or to taste
- pinch of black pepper, or to taste
- 2Tbsp oil
- 2Tbsp all-purpose flour
- some water
- To remove the gaminess of the beef, mix in 2Tbsp of all-purpose flour, and some water till it forms a thick batter. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare and slice the rest of the ingredients.
- Once 30 minutes is up, rinse the beef and drain the excess water. Marinate with a pinch of salt and pepper followed by cumin powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder.
- In a wok/pan, add in 2Tbsp oil, followed by the minced garlic and the marinated beef slices. Stir fry till the beef is slightly cooked and add in the sliced carrots, bell pepper, and onions.
- Season with additional pinch of salt and black pepper and stir fry for an additional minute before serving with some hot rice. Enjoy!
- If you prefer a saucier dish, add some water during stir-fry, after seasoning.