Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘Roti Paratha 3 Ways’ series, Easy Chicken Murtabak is one of Malaysian’s comfort street food that can now be easily done at home and customizable to your own preference! More chicken, more veggies, you name it!
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco | Lotus’s.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- Murtabak Filling
- 1 nos big onion (roughly chopped)
- 200g minced chicken meat
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp curry powder
- Few dash of seasoning sauce
- 3 nos eggs
- 3-4 nos frozen paratha
- Some oil for cooking
- First, season the minced chicken meat with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a pan, add in 1-2 Tbsp of cooking oil and pan fry half of the roughly chopped onions till fragrant.
- Then, add in the seasoned chicken meat, followed by curry powder and few dash of seasoning sauce.
- Once the meat is cooked, turn off heat and transfer over to a bowl. Add in the 3 eggs followed by the remaining roughly chopped onions. Mix till well combined and set aside.
- On an oiled board, slightly flatten the paratha and place 2-3 scoops of the egg meat mixture in the middle. Quickly wrap them like a parcel and immediately place them on a greased, heated pan.
- Pan fry each sides for 3-4 minutes or till golden brown. Repeat the 5 & 6 till finish. Enjoy!
- You could add some fresh chili into the egg meat mixture if you prefer a kick
- Serving these with some pickled onions (bawang jeruk) is very ideal!
- Make sure the paratha has defrosted before working with it, or else it will break easily